Monidor boosts their sales by expanding to Norway

A health tech company, Monidor, expands their distribution network as their solution is going to be used in Norwegian hospitals. The company has started cooperation with Inclino, which is a recognized distributor of medical devices in Norway.

Monidor offers a solution for more precise intravenous therapy monitoring and better patient management. Their innovation, Monidrop® device with remote monitoring application, is an accurate and compact solution helping nurses to work with patients who need intravenous (IV) fluid therapy. This solution has been fully developed in Oulu and it can be used both in hospital wards and home care.

According to Mikko Savola, CEO at Monidor, about 70% of all infusion therapies in hospitals are given gravity-based and the rest 30% with infusion pumps. Monidor’s solution is designed to improve in a smart way the quality of gravity-based infusion therapies.

‘The need for remote monitoring and digital solutions has significantly increased during the COVID-19 pandemic. Access to hospitals has been limited and the world is searching for innovations to answer the emerging challenges in the healthcare sector. That is why solutions that can ease the work of medical staff are in great demand. Our goal is to deliver the world’s best solution for monitoring gravity intravenous infusions in hospital wards,’ explains Savola.

Monidor has already received positive feedback on Monidrop’s measurable benefits from several Finnish hospitals and raises attention also abroad.

Joanna Seppänen, Health & Life Science, BusinessOulu

Image: Monidor