A Biobank Cooperative Finland’s (FINBB) Fingenious service allows researchers to reach all public biobanks in Finland with one feasibility request. The service is a free online catalogue tool that covers all public biobanks in Finland. It allows researchers to perform a quick sample and data query by browsing biobank collections, which makes Fingenious a digital gateway to Finnish biobanks and biomedical research.
Registering with this service is the first step to conducting a biobank study with samples and/or data in Finland.
Fingenious connects you to:
- Auria Biobank
- Biobank Borealis
- Biobank of Central Finland
- Biobank of Eastern Finland
- Finnish Clinical Biobank Tampere
- Helsinki Biobank
Services available through Fingenious:
- Aggregate level sample availability search in Fingenious Catalogue
- Feasibility requests from biobank samples and data
- Access requests for biobank samples and data
The initial feasibility service is free of charge. You will receive a cost estimation of your biobank project during the feasibility and access request process.
Read more about the Fingenious service here.