Microbes are well adapted to use various waste streams as feedstock to produce fuels, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and materials. Using the tools of synthetic biology we can further enhance this capability in applications on an industrial scale. This year we challenge you to develop ideas to create value from waste!
Synbio Powerhouse is organising a pitching competition to find innovative ways to use biological sidestreams and waste streams into added-value products, using the tools of synthetic biology and biotechnology. Follow the blog to learn more and get inspired.
Synbio Powerhouse is an ecosystem of companies, research organizations and other stakeholders interested in synthetic biology. It is based in Finland but operates globally and aims to bring into fruition the massive business opportunities presented by this technology.
Submission & deadline: Submit your idea by 10.6.2021
Benefits for applicants
- Network membership in the Synbio Powerhouse ecosystem
- Invitations to Synbio Talks events
- Matchmaking support in the ecosystem
Benefits for semi-finalists
- Get professional coaching from our experts
- Get feedback from the jury members (incl. investors, company representatives, synbio experts)
- Visibility on the Synbio Powerhouse website
Benefits for finalists
- Participation in the Synbio Power Pitch competition on 1.12.2021 (A Slush side event)
- One Slush ticket 2.12.2021 for each finalist team
- Award 5.000 €
- Opportunity to develop the idea further with the support of Synbio Powerhouse and its partners
- 10.6.2021: Submit your ideas
- 23.6.2021: Announcements of semi-finalists
- July-September: Mentoring to semifinalists from our experts to refine their pitch
- October: Semi-finals held virtually
- 1.12.2021: Finals are organized during Slush 2021 at 13-17:00 (EET). This will be a hybrid event, you can participate online or in person.
- Do not disclose confidential information in your pitch!
Read more and submit your pitch!