Join this second Nordic Healthtech delegation organized by the Nordic Asian Venture Alliance (NAVA) and Nordic Innovation House Tokyo (NIH Tokyo) to meet key Japanese Life Science stakeholders, investors, and pharmaceutical companies. This time, the delegation visit will be anchored around the Nordic Health Summit Japan, which is a partnering and investor conference aimed at connecting Nordic healthcare innovations with Japanese investors, industry, and ecosystems.
The 5-day program includes several onsite visits to hospitals and research facilities, pitching opportunities, participation in the Nordic Health Summit at the Swedish Embassy, and an optional visit to the vibrant biotech ecosystem in the Kansai region (Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto).
The initiative is sponsored by NAVA and Nordic Innovation.
Time: 24 – 28 April 2023
Registrations by 1 April.
- First-hand insights into the Japanese healthcare market and medical approval process
- Matchmaking and pitching opportunities with high-level Japanese Life Science stakeholders, including potential clients, customers, and investors
- Onsite visits to hospitals, research facilities, and science parks in Tokyo
- An optional visit to the vibrant biotech ecosystem in the Kansai region (Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto)
- Networking opportunities with other Nordic healthtech founders and Nordic pharmaceutical corporations present in Japan
- An online company profile on the NAVA platform in English and Japanese
- An introduction to the Japanese Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Agency (PMDA) Pre-trip preparation for presenting and pitching in a Japanese context and Japanese business etiquette
- Startups cover their own flight and accommodation expenses. NAVA will take care of bookings at the Hotel Intergate Tokyo Kyobashi (cost: JPY 16,000 / EUR 110 per night including breakfast and happy hour afternoon bar)
- Transport and accommodation for the optional trip to Kansai on Friday 28 April
See the program of the delegation visit.
NAVA is the only community-based organization that connects the entire New Nordic venture and startup ecosystem with Asia. We combine deep insights in Japan with a great network across the eight New Nordic countries, making it possible to gather a critical mass of the very best startups from any vertical. See landing page for our Healthtech delegation in October 2022 and delegate evaluations.
About NIH Tokyo
NIH Tokyo is a community platform accelerating high-quality Nordic tech startups, scale-ups, and growth companies in Japan. We have gathered and listed global accelerators, incubators, awards, and others in Japan which allows startups and growing companies to participate in and gives the opportunity to tap into the Japanese markets.
Akiko Shiono, Community Manager, NIH Tokyo, email@example.com