How to navigate the dynamics of culturally diverse teams and create a more inclusive workplace able to truly benefit from diversity?
This, often challenging, area will be addressed with practical tools and strategies in a complimentary training session. Participating leaders, senior executives, and HR professionals will enhance their ability to lead multicultural teams towards more inclusive communication and effective collaboration across cultures.
You will explore communication practices through real-life examples while reflecting on your own team’s communication culture. After this training, you will have a deepened awareness of your own team’s current situation regarding success principles of culturally diverse teams and gain practical insights to further strengthen the leadership and communications culture within your organization.
The coach has over 20 years of experience in supporting the integration of international talent into working in Finland both from the perspective of the employer as well as inbound global talent.
Time: Thursday 30.3. 2023, from 12.00-15:00
Place: Teams-online session
Speaker: KPMG Oy, Veera Rautio
Target group: Companies and organizations currently employing or planning to recruit international talent in the Northern Ostrobothnia region.
This event is free of charge but requires registration.
Training session content:
- Introduction and aims of the session
- Common struggles of culturally diverse teams and how to avoid them – typical causes behind clashes, misunderstandings and conflicts
- When we don’t know what we don’t know: ethnocentricity, stereotypes and neuropsychology of communication across cultures
- Principles of intercultural interactions: how does culture show up at work?
- Cultural differences effect leadership, decision-making, negotiations, communication, onboarding, project work and scheduling
- Mapping our own team culture: what kind of leadership and communication do we value?
- From intercultural awareness to intercultural intelligence – which stage is our team at?
- Leveraging cultural diversity – 5 tips for successful collaboration across cultures
- Support and resources for intentional intercultural leadership