To answer the urgent need for various disposable products in the healthcare sector, Screentec Oy will start producing a new solution.
The current crisis has forced many people and companies to change the way they operate and has disrupted normal supply chains. Worries about the availability of different disposable products for healthcare personnel and facilities have created worries on a government level. At the same time, countries are putting a limitation on the exports of different gear and disposables, further exacerbating these problems.
Because of this, Screentec has decided to adapt its own production to be able to produce a new product, the Screentec Visor. The company is looking for other products, which could support the general public. In this way, Finland’s domestic production capabilities and existing healthcare supply chains will also be strengthened.
The visors will be produced under Screentec’s own name, or upon request, sporting the name and brand of the customer. They will be fitted with a sticker giving instructions in both Finnish and Swedish on how to use the product. The Visors will be packed in resealable bags and into cardboard boxes.
Screentec does not normally manufacture end-user products, which is why the following instructions will be included:
- The Visor is a consumer product, which covers the chin, nose and eyes.
- The cover will have some space between the face and the surface, so it can be used in combination with eyeglasses.
- The product is not CE-certified and has not been tested in accordance with any standards.
- The product is not a medical device, nor can it be sold as a safety device or a personal protection device.
- The Visor doesn’t protect from chemicals, it isn’t impact-proof, nor does it protect from biological agents or threats.
- The Visor can be cleaned by using IPA, or similar substances.
The products will exclusively be channelled through distributors and projected initial production capacity is around 10 000 units per week. The production capacity can be increased according to customer demand and need.