A Business Finland Trade Mission focuses on opportunities in the digital / preventive health sectors in the United Arab Emirates. The event coincides with Arab Health – one of the largest global health trade fairs.
UAE has long had the ambition to achieve a world-class healthcare system to serve the needs of its population as well as to become a prominent global hub for medical tourism. The country managed the Covid pandemic very well and reported a very strong economic recovery post-Covid. In 2022 the UAE Central bank estimates 5.4% growth, the strongest annual economic expansion since 2011, followed by a 4.2% increase in 2023.
Combining strong economic recovery with high demand for healthcare solutions, strong population growth, commitments to digitalization, and healthy budgets, UAE is seen as a very attractive market. The visit program will include high-level meetings with government bodies responsible for healthcare, a visit at the Arab Health exhibition, hospital visits, and tailor-made business meetings.
Time: 30 January – 1 February 2023
- The visit is an excellent opportunity for Finnish companies in the health and healthcare digitalization sectors to take advantage of the numerous economic opportunities offered by the second largest economy in the Arab World.
- Establish high-level business connections with authorities and companies in both public and private sectors in the UAE and explore collaboration opportunities.
- Find suitable buyers and/or channel partners which can support Finnish companies entering the market.
- Learn more about the healthcare markets in the Gulf and MEA region.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Business Finland has identified a demand for the following solutions:
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- prevention and treatment of chronic illnesses, lifestyle diseases, diabetes, obesity, mental health
- women’s health (including prevention and treatment of breast cancer, infertility treatments and safety during pregnancy)
- genetic testing and related areas (including knowhow on data analysis and utilization)
- new technologies and digitalization overall
- development of the primary care model
To cover the expenses of arranging the visit, Business Finland will charge a participation fee.
- Major companies: 1300 EUR + 24% VAT per person
- Minor businesses and SMEs: 1105 EUR + 24% VAT per person.
Business Finland will invoice the participation fee after the visit based on the actual costs. The invoiced fee will not exceed the amounts mentioned above. Kindly note that the participation fee does not include flights or accommodation of the participant nor meals outside the business delegation program.
Director, London, Business Finland
Senior Director, Delegations, Business Finland
Source: Business Finland