We are looking for a marketing and communications trainee to join our Health and Life Science team at BusinessOulu. You will mainly support us with various marketing and communications activities, with a special focus on social media. You will also be involved with the OuluHealth ecosystem and its stakeholders, especially from the communications perspective.
The position comes with responsibilities such as:
- Active use and development of OuluHealth social media platforms (in cooperation with the team): X, LinkedIn, and Instagram including:
- Preparing and monitoring social media posts
- Planning a social media calendar
- Planning, releasing, and monitoring short marketing campaigns
- Benchmarking, brainstorming, and introducing new ideas
- Designing banners and images with the use of simple graphic applications
2. Increasing visibility of Health and Life Science companies from the Oulu region including:
- Collecting material from different sources to support marketing and communications activities
- Writing short publications inc. social media posts, marketing materials, interviews etc.
- Assisting with writing publications for the OuluHealth website
- Assisting with updating of the OuluHealth website
3. Other tasks including:
- Assisting with planning and coordinating events
- Data entry with the use of BusinessOulu’s software
- Other responsibilities as agreed
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (X, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Good writing skills inc. social media posts, interviews, publications for the website etc.
- Ability to create simple graphic materials, such as banners and images for social media posts (Power Point, Canva etc.)
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing). Understanding Finnish is considered an advantage
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Creativity and willingness to plan and introduce new projects related to marketing and communications
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework
- Proactive, positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations and tasks
The traineeship will last 3 months, and it will take place at BusinessOulu’s premises (Hallituskatu 36 A, Oulu). There is also a possibility to work some hours remotely if agreed. The traineeship includes 36,15 h /week and a salary of 1300 eur/month.
We provide the necessary work equipment and an enthusiastic team that will introduce you to your tasks and support you all the way.
Apply for the trainee position by sending your application letter and CV to email@example.com
The training period starts as soon as possible, once the right person has been selected.
Joanna Seppänen, communications coordinator
Health & Life Science, BusinessOulu