Health technology enters the Oulu City Library
The Oulu City Library boasts now an event lounge, Laituri, which is a culture and technology showroom space created in collaboration with BusinessOulu and Oulu city library services. It was officially opened on Monday 5 February during the ceremony that gathered the city representatives, culture enthusiasts and Oulu-based health technology companies.
More than just an ordinary exhibition
Laituri is located in the main library near the waterfront and Oulu Market Square, right in the heart of the city. The showroom project is a part of the Six City Strategy – Open and Smart Services, which is carried out by the six largest cities in Finland: Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Tampere, Turku and Oulu. Laituri offers library visitors, tourists and other guests various opportunities not only to enjoy cultural events, but also to explore innovative health technology products and services in the library space.
‘This exhibition, unique in its kind, is the result of a project that connects ICT, culture and health industry. To companies, it offers a free low-threshold market space that serves as a marketing tool,’ says Katja Lehtonen, project coordinator in the Oulu City Library.
The health technology exhibition will be open to the public from 12 February to 30 June and it presents the following solutions:
- the point-of-care system for a nerve conduction study implemented by Mediracer
- safety and communication solutions for healthcare provided by 9Solutions
- the chair that helps to reduce tension from Neurosonic
- the mobile gym for full body exercise developed by Weela
- the baby monitor and child development tracker offered by SEP Solutions
- mobile solutions for healthcare professionals from Medanets
- the IoT device for measuring pain and distress in children provided by Kipuwex
- Spektikor’s wearable heart beat indicator
Oulu is well-known for its know-how in health as well as communications technologies (ICT) and these are the things that the exhibition in the Laituri space highlights.
‘The Oulu City Library serves more than 600 000 customers every year so it’s the perfect place to present the best Oulu can offer to the residents and other visitors. In this way health companies gain more visibility and Oulu’s reputation of being the city of innovation will spread,’ says Krista Piippo, project manager at BusinessOulu.
Project coordinator, Oulu City Library
050 316 6597