Transforming healthcare with 5G – HIMSS & HEALTH 2.0 side event in Oulu
Transforming healthcare with 5G
OuluHealth is proud to partner the HIMSS & Health 2.0 European Conference, one of the most important digital health events that will be held in Helsinki in Finland on 11-13 June.
We are hosting a side event in Oulu on 9-10 June, which offers you a great opportunity to get insights on how the 5G technology will improve Finnish social- and healthcare. Join us to see the future of healthcare and find out yourself why Oulu is a forerunner in digital health.
Oulu Health is one of the two candidate Reference Sites that have been awarded a status of EIP on AHA Thematic Workshop 2019.
Time: 9-10 June 2019
Place: Maikkula Mansion, Oulu University Hospital, OYS TestLab
This event is free of charge.
Sunday, June 9th, 2019 at 19:00 (Maikkula Mansion).
Join us in the Maikkula Mansion to network with your colleaques. Enjoy the nightless night and a collection of Finnish delicacies by the beautiful Oulu river.
Monday, June 10th, 2019 at 9:00 – 15:30 (Oulu University Hospital, OYS TestLab)
9:00-11:00 Plenary Session
Moderated by Mr. Jarmo Reponen, Professor of Health Information Systems Oulu University Hospital
- Opening words: Welcome to Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, Mr. Pasi Parkkila, Director of Development
- Key Note: Blueprint on Digital Transformation of Health and Care – Shared European Policy Vision and EIPon AHA Reference Sites, Ms. Donna Henderson, NHS Scotland
– Reflections from Nordic Reference Site Network, Scotland and Finland, Alexander Dozet, Health Economist, Skåne
- What’s 5G and what kind of opportunities it gives to healthcare, Mr. Olli Liinamaa, 5G Test Network Lead, Nokia
- Oulu Selfcare and virtual healthcare center, Ms. Eila Erkkilä, Deputy Chief Physician at the City of Oulu
- Panel: OuluHealth –Ecosystem and OuluHealth Labs Ms. Minna Komu, Network Director, Ms. Maritta Perälä-Heape, Director and Mr. Timo Alalääkkölä, Manager, Testing and Innovations
11:00-13:00 Lunch, stands, matchmaking, demos at OYS Testlab
- 5G demo
- OuluHealth & OuluHealth Labs, DigiHealth Hub
- Clinical skills centre
- Future Hospital OYS 2030
- SME stands
13:00-15:00 Future Hospital and Active and Healthy Ageing (EIPonAHA) goes Digital Health
- 5G in Future Hospital.
Location: OYS TestLab
Moderated by Mr. Ville Niemelä, Dr. Tech., University of Oulu
– What is 5G – the Main Features and Novel Operation Opportunities, Mr. Ville Niemelä, Dr. Tech., University of Oulu
– Artificial Intelligence with 5G for Hospitals, Ms. Ella Peltonen, PhD, University of Oulu
– Augmenter Reality/Virtual Reality Services for Future Hospitals, Capabilities and Challenges, Mr. Steven LaValle, Prof., University of Oulu
– H2020 5G-ENHANCE – An introduction to a Practical Use Case, Mr. Arto Matilainen, University of Oulu
- DigiHealth Hub enhancing digital health capabilities and collaboration
Location: Leena Palotiesali auditorium, Aapistie 5a
The session is focusing on the future of health care and demonstrating how to build new competences in a rapidly changing, digitally aided, data-intensive care environment to maximize the data potential when developing novel preventive and predictive digital solutions.
-Opening words: Welcome and introduction, Prof Maritta Perälä-Heape, Professor of practice, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oulu
-Key Note: Paradigm shifts in health, care and healthcare, Ms.Tuija Ikonen, Senior Ministerial Advisor, Wellbeing and Services, Ministry of Social Affaris and Health
-Panel I : Competence building in the data driven future – multi-stakeholder, multi-disciplinary, cross-profession; Mr Chaloner Chute, DHI Scotland, Prof Jarmo Reponen , University of Oulu, Ms Sanna Virkkunen, Solita, Health, moderator Prof Maritta Perälä-Heape
– Coffee and networking
-Panel II: Cross-border collaboration as an enabler – reflection on the data driven future by international partners: Mrs Line Linstad, NSE Norway, Mr Per-Olof Egnell, LTU Sweden, Ms Myriam Martin, TIC Biomed-inDemand, Spain.
– Closing words, Prof Maritta Perälä-Heape
15.30 Site visit to Enabling home environment at Oulu University of Applied Sciences
- Peili Vision
- CSAM Finland
- Laturi Corporation
- Future Hospital
- DigiHealth Hub
Register for the HIMSS & HEALTH 2.0 pre event to explore the north of Finland and spend wonderful time in Oulu, where the sun never sets on innovations!
Health & Life Science, OuluHealth